As we approach week 11 of Covid – 19 restrictions we are starting to wonder, just how long will this last? Emails have starting to land asking the same question. Hopefully this blog will answer some of the queries.
One thing is definite, just as soon as we are allowed to open we will, our coaching, guiding and educational workforce are super keen to get going.
England, Wales and Scotland have taken the decision to adopt different strategies on how their countries will ease restrictions. Currently England are allowing people to travel for exercise, attend gatherings of no more than 5 people and take part in a wider range of sports. Wales and Scotland however are more courteous and have decided to keep tighter restrictions in place for a further 3 weeks. Visit Wales current policy is #VisitWalesLater, so please respect that.
This makes our lives really hard as as small business. We operate in both England and Wales, but we believe we now have a plan of how we will start to unlock the business which is considerate to all parties involved.
Firstly we wanted to thank all the clients who had bookings with us during this period and who have volunteered to transferred their bookings to dates later in the year and for the people we refunded, we hope to see you sometime in 2020. All your kind words on the phone and over emails have been amazing and truly humbling, Thanks so much.
The majority of our coaching courses happen from Pedalabikeaway in the Forest of Dean. The woods are owned and managed by Forestry England, and currently no outdoor operator is authorised to use their land for outdoors sports, however we are very hopefully this will reviewed in the next couple of weeks.
This will mean we will start the process of bring the business back on line. Sadly we do not have any fixed dates, but as soon as we do we will be shouting about it. We have a 5 step approach:
- 1 to 1 coaching sessions and coaching sessions with 2 people from the same house hold e.g. Father and Son
- 1:1 Guided rides based from Pedalabikeaway and around Forest of Dean and same house hold family guided rides
- Open group sessions. We will follow current government guidance and restrict these sessions to 1: 5 ratio
- Open group guided rides. These WILL NOT be vehicle assisted guided rides but a more traditional style, so you will have to pedal up some hills. More information will follow with regards to these trips
- Mountain bike educational courses will be introduced, these courses will run from Pedalabikeaway at first, but once Visit Wales have given more guidance in 3 weeks we will advertise more courses in Wales if we feel we can meet all the demands of the Covid-19 guidelines
- Vehicle assisted guided rides. This will be the return to our classic 1 day adventures across Wales: Wye Valley off Piste, The Black Bomb and the Brecon Epic
- Multi day mini adventures. Some exciting news about these products will be released in due course
Our new How To Videos are now live on our You Tube channel.
We have decided over this period to produce a series of videos to help with all things mountain biking.
The 1st episode is all about: How to Check, Fit and Store a mountain bike helmet.
Tyre inserts, what are they all about? Check out Joe giving a full down load of what they are