The Level 2 Award in Coaching Cycling is aimed at Level 1 qualified coaches who have had experience of delivering coaching sessions to groups of people.
The course covers topics such as where to and what to coach, rider performance, creating a safe coaching environment, developing coaching sessions and evaluating your coaching practice.
This qualification will enable you to independently create, deliver and evaluate a series of coached cycling sessions.
What does the course include?
This course is made up of online, virtual classroom and face-to-face learning, supported by mentoring from your course tutor throughout. The course involves:
- 4 online tutorials approximately 1.5 hrs per session spaced over 8 weeks, prior to first practical day
- 16 hours of face-to-face with practical activities to experience delivering and participating in coaching sessions (split over 2 days)
- Self-led coaching experience with support from your coach mentor
- Online resources and theory assessment
How much does it cost?
How long will the course take to complete?
What do I need to be able to register?
- Hold the Level 1 Award in Coaching Cycling or Level 1 RPEL Accreditation
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have access to riders to enable you to deliver six hours of coaching
- Have access to a computer and the internet
- Coaching insurance
- Valid and current emergency first aid certificate (minimum 6 hours), or equivalent
- Completion of safeguarding and protecting children training within the last three years
*Please be aware the course goes live via online learning 2 weeks prior to the first tutorial date therefore enrolment will close prior to this date.