Clients will need to attend this course with a full suspension mountain bike, a helmet, gloves and body armour as you see fit. Although a full face helmet is highly recommended, as is knee pads.
We work with small learning groups to maximise the learning throughout the day, enabling us to give constant feedback. Additionally, we will use video analysis to help aid learning, both on the hill and back at the cycle centre cafe.
The Downhill Race Speed coaching is session is all about how do we go fast?
Its a combination of a number of factors:-
- Straightest line
- Opening up turns
- When you brake and when you don’t!
- Knowing the track, when to push or when to sit up
The day will compromise of:-
- Meet and greet – Bike setup, Fit the timing chips from Freelap
- Warm up on a simple DH track.
- Laying down a base time on a selected DH track
- Focussing on the top half of the track we break it down looking at body positioning, cornering, where should you be looking and line choice
- Second timed run of the top section applying what we’ve looked at
- Discussion on preparation / confidence / control nerves / pre race warm up
- Focussing on the lower half of the track we break it down looking at body positioning, cornering, where should you be looking and line choice
- Timed full runs of the track we’ve been practising, see and feel the difference!
Downhill Race Speed is our final step of our coaching pathway. However it doesn’t end there! These coaching days will focus on a different track each time, so there will always be something new to learn. Want something more bespoke? Then how about a 121 with one of our British Cycling Level 3 MTB coaches? Or a personalised training programme – Wye Performance?
This course designed for over 18’s, if you are younger please check our DH Youth Camps