Our Downhill Skills course is the first step onto true gravity fed riding. This course will be based on the downhill / enduro lines located at our coaching venue Pedaabikeaway trail centre. in the Forest of Dean. The aim of this full day coaching course is to give you, the rider, the skills to complete a full run of a downhill track with confidence and skill!
This is not a beginner course. You should be confident with your core skills e.g. ready position, braking, some steeep and technical ground. Have a reasonable level of fitness and have attempted to ride some purposed built two-dot downhill trails.
Clients will need to attend this course with a full suspension mountain bike, a helmet, gloves and body armour as you see fit. Although a full face helmet is highly recommended, as is knee pads.
We work with small learning groups to maximise the learning throughout the day, enabling us to give constant feedback. Additionally, we will use video analysis to help aid learning, both on the hill and back at the cycle centre cafe.
The course runs from 9.30am – 4pm, and is run by our downhill king, Seth Barrett.
This is a PUSH/ride up course. Due to Covid 19 we are not placing our clients in vans
- Meet and greet
- Revisit the basics – Body position, flat corners, manuals, bunny hops (never done these? Check our other courses out)
- Staying composed on rough sections of trail – berms, steep sections, rough sections
- Lunch – included in the price of the days coaching (please let WyeMTB know if you have any specific dietary needs)
- After lunch we head back out onto the downhill track where we will re-examine the trickier sections of a track.
- Completing full runs of the selected downhill track to consolidate the day’s learning.