Fodders’ Academy is the next step in your young rippers development to becoming a self reliant mountain biker. It is also the a the perfect step once they have completed the Little Fodders pathway on Saturday sessions. Starting age for Fodders Academy is 10 years olds and the young person should have a good understanding of the core skills of mountain biking.
Whilst this is not just for children who have attended our Saturday Little Fodders session, THIS IS NOT A BEGINNERS GROUP, sorry! Your child should be confident and competent on a bike and be able to ride a red graded MTB trail.
There is a maximum of six participants for the session. These intense days look to developing the overall young mountain biker, looking at skills, fitness, trail side repairs and principles of training. It is the ultimate day for your biking mad ripper!
They will need to have with them;
- A water bottle for his bike/small rucksack to put the water in.
- Clothing that is suitable for the weather.
- Small snack (lunch is provided) that fits in their pocket/rucksack
- Inner tube that fits their tyres
- Helmet and gloves are compulsory
- Kneepads and elbow pads are advised
This coaching session is 5 hours in duration, starting at 10 am, but please be ready to ride at 9.50 am.
Typical topics covered during sessions include:
- Cornering including berms
- Weight shift techniques
- Effective braking
- Pumping the trail
- Small drops
- Line choice
- MTB fitness
- Fuel and Hydration
- Principles of training right
- MTB trail side repairs
If you would like to speak to someone regarding suitability, then contact us here